Thursday, May 20, 2010

A Day called Actually

As you can see, I haven't written in a long, long time. Time is the reason I haven't written--not enough time, or else too much to do to fit in a 24 hour period. That could be a post in itself--we can't add hours to our days but we keep adding things to do and activities to participate in. But another time on that.....


I started an entry on Facebook and found myself using the word "actually" a lot. It was a crazy, hectic day of photographing high school Seniors.

I actually had a young man know how to tie his own necktie--first one in a long time, actually there were two. The first one had been practicing after a quick lesson the kind people at Beall's where he bought the tie. Actually, the second knows how to tie double knots and cool ties; he is one of the most classy, kind spirited young men I've ever met.

Actually, there were a lot of classy, kind, good Seniors in the Class of 2010--both here in Lovington, and Tatum, and Hobbs. I'm especially acquainted with the classes of LHS and THS and have been impressed all year by the level of talent in academics, athletics and character. Actually, congratulations to the parents of these young people. Great job!



Actually, that day was hectic and funny and a new Senior every 15 minutes. There were missing tassels, freshly starched and ironed white shirts, excited smiles that graduation is ACTUALLY here, moms who watched and beamed with pride as their baby "suit up" in graduation gowns and caps, and actually my Kleenex box wass less full that night.


Actually, I am counting my blessings because I love my work because it is actually about these kids. Actually, the day started one way and ended another, but that's how life is. Actually, I have been so blessed by these kids and their families. It has been and is an honor and privilege to have photographed a lot of them for their entire lives, and now as they take flight and fly. I've seen their faces break in to huge smiles when they see how good they look in their portraits , and to see their moms cry when they view the images of the life they have nurtured.




Actually, I'm dead tired, but grateful for each of you who have walked through my doors. I appreciate it deeply--ACTUALLY!!!!

No comments: